Prize of Culture of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce
CCC every year awards significant personalities in culture active in Slovakia and in Canada
- Prize of Culture of CCC for the year 2013 have been awarded to world-famous Artist Mr Ernst Fuchs.
- International Prize of Culture of CCC for the year of 2012 was granted on 9 October 2013 to a significant Canadian painter and graphic designer Frank Jalšovský.
The Award was given by former Ambassador of Slovak Republic in Ottawa and vice president of Pan-European Union Anton Hykisch (left) and also a successful model Angelica Stim.
- International Prize of Culture of CCC for 2010 was awarded to today world's best tenor José Cura. On 30 April 2011, the Award was given directly by President of CCC Joseph Burza.
- On 22 May 2010, President of Canadian Chamber of Commerce Joseph Burza gave the International Prize of Culture to Canadian choreographer James Kudelka. The Chamber is, at the same time, a partner of the new ballet of the Slovak National Theatre Made in Canada.
- On 12 November 2009, President of CCC Joseph Burza gave the International Prize of Culture to world known Canadian Jazz singer Diana Krall. It was already the jubilee, fifth year. The award was presented directly by the president of the Chamber Joseph M. Burza.
Diana Krall – a diva of world jazz heaven, an awardee of the Order of Canada, a also holder of multiple Grammys, and she has origins in Slovakia. Her grandparents come from Henclová village, which is north from Řožňava. Diana proudly avows herself to her origin, because already her grandfather used to play the piano stunningly.
- On 14 May 2008, Canadian Chamber of Commerce was awarding the International Prize of Culture of CCC for the fourth time. The main awarded personality was internationally recognized Canadian prima ballerina Anik Bissonnette. The Director of SND Ballet Mário Radačovský also attended the award ceremony who worked in Canada for long time.
From left: Mário Radačovský, Joseph Burza, Anik Bissonnette
- In the third year of the International Prize of Culture of Canadian Chamber of Commerce was the main awarded Anton Hykisch – famous writer and the first Ambassador of the Slovak Republic in Ottawa
Anton Hykisch and Joseph Burza
- On 2 June 2005, the second annual International Prize of Culture of the CCC was held. The awards were presented by popular Slovak host and actress Katarína Brychtová.
Yuri Dojc – a world-renowned Canadian photographer, working in Canada and USA
Róbert Opatovský – a popular music singer, who has been performs successfully in Japan. The CCC prepares his concerts in Canada in 2006.
Katarina Brychtová when presenting the award to Yuri Dojc
On 30 March 2004, the first year of the International Prize of Culture of Canadian Chamber of Commerce was held.
The awards were received by:
Chales Olivieri-Munroe – a world famous Canadian conductor
Anna Šišková – a famous Slovak actress nominated for an Oscar
From left: Joseph Burza, Anna Šišková and Zuzana Hajdu